Submit Your CV
As a forklift truck operator, your main duties would include:
1) Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as lorries or aircraft
2) Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
3) Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following stock control instructions
4) Checking loads are secure
5) Stacking empty pallets
6) Performing daily equipment checks, for example recharging the truck’s battery
7) Helping to load and unload trucks by hand where necessary
8) Performing other warehouse tasks like packing.
You could work with various machines including counter-balance trucks, telescopic handlers, side-loading trucks and pedestrian-controlled pallet lifting equipment.
Forklift operators can earn from £16,000 to £24,000 a year.
Operators may receive shift or night work allowances, and bonus schemes may apply.
Call us now: 0203 514 9056
Search For Jobs